A Great Choice for Residential Roofs
If you’re contemplating installing a metal roof for your home, look no further than your local metal roofing company to complete your project. At Preferred Home Improvement, we specialize in metal roof installations, and can also offer our expert assistance with metal roof repairs and replacements where needed. With metal roofing becoming more and more popular, let’s look at why they are a top choice for residential projects.
All metal roofs are made from 30-60% recycled material. While your neighbor may replace their roof many times, a high-quality metal roof will likely be the last roof you’ll ever need. Resistant to cracking, shrinking, and eroding, metal roof repairs and replacements are rare because these systems can withstand extreme weather conditions including heavy rain, snowstorms, hail damage, and even wildfires.
Advantages of Metal Roofing over Traditional Asphalt
- Longevity – when professionally installed, metal roofing will last as long as your house lasts. Your roof will seal out water, survive high winds, and easily cast off the snow. Metal is also resistant to fire, mildew, insects, and rot. The general lifespan of a metal roof is 40 to 50 years.
- Weight – compared to the weight of concrete tiles, metal roofing is very lightweight and runs from 50 to 150 pounds per square. Since it’s so lightweight, metal roofs allow you to save on engineering and building the supporting structure.
- Ease of Installation – The metal roofing installation usually comes in multiple-shingle sections and does not take longer than a day or two, even when it is a repair or metal roof replacement.
- Heat Conduction – the heat coming from the sun is easily reflected by metal, making your home more energy-efficient.
- Maximum Rain/Snow Shedding – rain and snow are no issue to metal roofs. The material is interlocked, and its surface is hard and slippery, which is why it encourages snow melting and runoff.
Why Choose Preferred Home Improvement?
Since 1985, we have been helping homeowners in Montgomery, Bucks and Delaware Counties in Pennsylvania improve the exterior and value of their homes. For the best metal roofing company in the area, contact us today at (215) 264-9989 to get a free estimate for your project. We can’t wait to start working with you!